DOM ELISH POLAO RECIPE LIKE KACHCHI
Dom Elish polao recipe is testy food forever. The dom elish polao is like as kachchi. It’s some different test to other common recipe. It’s the test realy memorable for future.
The details ingredients and way of as below-
- For Fish:
- Elish (Hilsa): 6-8 pieces
- Onion, chopped: 1 cup
- Onion paste: 3 tbsp
- Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Green chili: 5-6
- Sour Doi (Sour yogurt): 1 cup
- Ghee (clarified butter): 3 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tbsp
- For Pulao Rice:
- Rice: 2 cup or 500g, Katarivog
- Green chili: 1-2
- Ghee (clarified butter): 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Alu Bokhra 4-5 pcs
- Whole Garam Masala:
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cinnamon stick: 2”
- Green cardamom: 4-5, crushed
- Clove: 5-6, pounded
- This recipe calls for only 5 minutes prep work and that washing and cleaning the rice. Then soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Begin with this step so that by the time fish will be half fry, the rice will be ready to cook or boil up to 70%.
- The cooking begins with Elish. Heat 3 tbsp ghee in deep bottomed wok and fry chopped onion until onion turns translucent and pale golden in colour.
- Add onion, and nut paste with green chili and cock until oil separates. Sprinkle water in between if required.
- Once masala is ready add whisked sour doi and sugar, salt and stir well to mix with the masala.
- Add half fry fish pieces into the gravy very carefully in a single layer without overlapping the fish.
- Add green chili and cook for 4-5 mins, depending on fish size.
- Flip Elish pieces gently as hilsa is extremely delicate and fragil
- Once done keep the fish covered until needed. Otherwise gravy will be dried out.
- Now it’s time to add boil rice. Dom for 5-7 minitues until the gravy completely absorbed by boil rice.
- Once done, remove from flame but keep the Elish Pulao covered. Only remove the lid once ready to serve. Enjoy!